The construction of the Casalegno Orphanage dates back to 1877 and it closed its doors in 1978. It was commissioned by a saint from the region who wanted to offer shelter and education to all orphans in the area.
All rooms have been emptied, but strangely enough, the laundry room is still partly intact. The showpiece of the entire building is the staircase, it seems that most of the money and time has been put into it. There is also a small chapel partly intact.